Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Predictions: Who Will Win The 2014 Sprint Cup?


Team U Want Some? got together to predict who is going to win the 2014 Sprint Cup.  Check out what they think and then leave your prediction in the comments section!!

Gretchen Mashburn
       I am a sucker for sameness I guess. I am going, again, with Mr. Blue Eyes in the #5 car. That team just gelled last year, and but for a few bonehead moves by other drivers and other such odd "racing incidents" this team would have hoisted that Cup trophy. I am taking Kasey Kahne for the 2014 Cup title. He and his CC are like Jenny and Forrest. they came out of the box strong last season, and ran like they had been doing this all of their lives. They were comfortable, and strong in the pits. Everyone has bad races and bad days, but this team kept it at a minimum. So I am sticking with them.
Dave Lembke
     My pick for the 2014 Cup is Kevin Harvick. Complete change of scenery, fresh start, and uniting with his long time friend, Tony Stewart, I believe, will all gel for a banner year for Harvick. I really think he will have a year similar to Matt Kenseth's campaign in 2013. I believe the revitalization that we saw in Kenseth, under similar circumstances, will be the same kind of results/numbers that we see from Harvick in 2014. The only difference will be that Kevin brings it home. And by the way, being in Hendrick supported equipment won't hurt a thing.
Mark Young
     I have struggled with this prediction since we began talking about it.  Like Dave I am really excited about Kevin Harvick’s move to SHR.  My brain and experience wants to go with Jimmie but hell, everyone is doing that and it is time for a new face.  My heart says Junior but I will quietly sit in the corner of the room hoping the momentum from Daytona carries through.
     Enough babbling, it’s time for my pick.  Just as I said twelve months ago, I am going to pick Matt Kenseth.  Why?  1.5 mile tracks.  He had a great season on them and with the exception of some really really bad luck he should have been hoisting the Cup.
     

1 comment: